Thursday, April 24, 2008

Road Trip

We're on our way to feed the swans in our favorite pond across town.
It's a bit of a drive, but we brought markers, toys, puzzles, snacks and beverages to make sure no one got too antsy. We got antsy anyway.

Grandma, I want out of this seat.
No, you have to stay in the seat and be safe.
But I want out, it's hurting me, it's hurrrrrrrting me.

We stop. I check the straps. I make note that the pain mysteriously disappears the moment I stop the car, but I dutifully check the straps anyway. I am, after all, a Grandma and car seats have changed since I was a mommy. What do I really know about straps anyway.

A couple more miles down the road.
Grandma, I want out of my seat. It hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrts.

We'll be there soon. Your seat is fine.
I note great twisting and turning going on in the back seat from the glimpses I can catch in my rear view mirror. Grandma..........it really really hurts.........it's choking meeeeeeeeeee.......
There is a most sorrowful tone of voice, perhaps even the slight hint of a groan.



Nice try, sister. We'll be there soon.
If you sit up right, that strap won't choke you. Grandma wants you to be safe.


Grandma Debbie?
Yes?
Grandma Debbie, you don't have a Grandpa?
You mean, do I have a Grandpa living with me? No, I don't have a Grandpa living with me, it's just me. I'm just a Grandma and I live with Binksy the cat.

Oh. You don't want a Grandpa?
Well, I suppose if I found one I liked I wouldn't mind having one.



I'll find you one, Grandma Debbie.
I'll go shopping maybe, at the store. and I'll get you a Grandpa.


Grandpa's RUs ????
OldFartMart??

No comments: