Saturday, March 08, 2008

It's a LONG drive across Nebraksa

Great friends are a good reason to drive across Nebraska for the weekend.
This is my dear friend and mentor Judy,
the undisputed Queen of Hospitality
Little Miss Birthday Girl.
Tina says EVERY girl should have a pair of rose-colored glasses.
And we should wear them often.

Gary, me and Chris.
We met a few years back in South Carolina, they honored me with their attendance at MY 50th birthday a couple of years ago and now I see them whenever I'm in Denver. Gary is originally from Waterloo. Chris spent a few months in Paris before they moved to Colorado.
Don't try to figure it all out. Just know they are some of my favorite people in the whole world.


Here's that whole birthday thing again!!!
Hey, how many days is one officially supposed to celebrate turning 50 anyway????
The answer to that question is: as long as the Birthday Girl pleases.
Here Tina gets some help from Jada on the birthday candle thing.
After multiple cakes over a period of 30 days or so, I think
she was kind of short of breathe.
And I think Jada likes cake!


My best friend since I was 16.
If her baby sister turned 50 last month, you know what that makes us..........

Yup. STILL older and wiser.
Here the girls catch one last hug before we........

....scrape off Mother Nature's way of saying "I ain't done with y'all yet...."
And drive home. Oh Lord, here comes Nebraska again....

No comments: