Sunday, September 07, 2008

A B C

Six years ago I bought a new book bag and headed off to school. To celebrate the occasion, my daughter (who was a senior in college at the time) and friend Judy both gave me big, new boxes of crayons. What a shock when I opened the lids and found all sorts of new colors tucked inside. Shocking Pink! Outrageous Orange! The rows looked like a tightly folded congregation of old Grateful Dead t-shirts. My goodness how the exciting world of "The First Day of School" had changed!


My little granddaughter came to my graduation in 2007 and helped me celebrate. It was a real joy to have her there with me to celebrate that day. She's in preschool this year, next fall she'll start Kindergarten and in May of 2010 on the grand occasion of her completion of her very first year of school --- Grandma will have earned her masters degree.



It's decided.
The papers are signed.
I'm going back to school.
Classes start in two weeks.





2 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Wow! How exciting! Study hard but dont forget to have fun!

Unknown said...

Ohhh yes. Fun is always built into the deal, Becca. Definitely.