Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Continuing Assualt

Winter continues to have her way with us. Can't say that I am complaining, though. I'm really not. The cold air, snow and ice make me feel all homey and snuggly. I cook. I bake. I light the candles, sip a little whatever........this is what four-seasons is all about. I love it.

Ohhhhh, I'll be darn glad to see the sun whenever it decides to shine again. But for now....well, even as I'm teetering along on the sidewalk just trying to make my way into the grocery store for that critical gallon of milk I find the artistry of this winter to be absolutely exquisite. I couldn't get out of my car to photograph the amazing two days of giant frost we enjoyed last week without risking life and limb with all the drifted snow that remains piled everywhere but the ice storm that followed glazed the ordinary objects of my little daily world into a fine gallery of icy art.


Waffle ice, now how cool is that??

Smart birdies having packed off to warmer climes many long months ago......











My favorite drive-thru is frozen solid........


but the Grande Vanilla Hot Chocolate extra-hot is still steamy and perfect.



1 comment:

Stacey said...

WOW! What great photos. The ice is beautiful, isn't it? I love it, too... as long as I don't have to walk on it. I'm terrible at negotiating the icy sidewalks here. Poor Ian has to hang on to me like I'm a hundred years old! Just loved seeing all the icicles and nature's ice sculptures. Thanks for sharing...
Stacey