Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Unfold

 
This year
instead of thinking
and planning
and considering
I'm just
buckling in
rolling down the window
throwing back my head
and enjoying
the ride.


 
What's the worst thing that could happen?
 
I'll be swept away by a moment?
Taken completely by surprise?
Rendered speechless
(don't bet on it)
at how fun life is
on a road
without a map?

Patience doesn't mean making a pact with the devil of denial
ignoring our emotions and aspirations
It means being wholeheartedly engaged in the process that's unfolding
rather than ripping open
a budding flower
or demanding a caterpillar
hurry up and get that chrysalis stage
over with.
Sharon Salzburg

 
The voice I hear
is just a whisper
but the words
are clear.
 
Oh Debbie
relax and enjoy the ride,
I got all of this.
 
 
 


No comments: