Sunday, March 15, 2015

Bailey's Bargain


Well now.
This is sad.
Just plain sad.

 
All those dang Irish
early-birds
got to the
Bailey's-on-sale
before I even
knew
there was a price
worth dancin' for.
 
NOT to be deterred
I drove all over town
to three different
grocery stores
and to Walgreens
asking them to price
match.
 
Which they would not.
Whaaaaaaaat?????
Doesn't EVERYONE
price match?
 
Apparently not.
 
Finally found my sale bottles
after likely
eating up the entire
amount saved
in gas.
 
Whatever.
 
I can justify it.
NOT because I like
a little taste of
Irish Crèam
now and then.
 
Ohh no.
My bottles have an important mission
every morning.

 
I use them to hold my pita pockets
after they come out of the toaster
steaming hot
so they'll
cool and crisp
into a
sweet little pocket.
 
 

Into which
I neatly tuck
my morning
egg salad.
Sometimes
stuffed up
with spinach leaves
too.
 
Mmmmmm.
Mmmmmm.
 
The second bottle?
Well.
I do like a little taste y'know.
Just a sippy bit of a taste.
Every now and then.
Not necessarily
in the morning.
 
 
 


No comments: