Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Embracing Technology

Straight from my Journal........
 
So. In my continuing wrestle with all-things-technologicallish, I have no little pod thing with music but I was wise to birth a son who told me I could LISTEN TO MUSIC ON MY I-PHONE!!! Whaaaat!!!????? Yeah. So. The past few days when I hit the gym, I faithfully take my phone and my ear-thingies and I pull up Pandora and yes indeed, he is a smart one! MUSIC!! Like, whatever I want to hear. A.MAZ.ING. But.....there are no pockets in my gym... clothes. Oh dear. OHHH dear.
 
 
 
 So I spend the first ten minutes of every gym visit in the locker room trying to .....secure...my phone in the only place I can find to tuck it. And, if you get my drift here, those two spaces are already fairly well occupied. NEVERTHELESS!!! We persevere, the girls and I. We are at the gym. And we are going to listen to music because we walk further and pedal faster when we do! So, we get Mr. I-Phone all snuggled up in there in such a way as it doesn't look like I've got an implant shaped like a graham cracker....and we hit the treadmill. And finally, at the end of my visit....I jump on the bike. And I hear a special ringtone on my phone so I know who is texting me and it's someone I adore so I gotta check out the text....thus, having to dig for the phone all kinda nice and pillowed in there.....AND at that very moment,
I look up and I realize,,,seriously this was a
lightbulb moment...........................
 
 
THERE IS A LITTLE HOLDER THING ON THE CONTROL PANEL OF THE BIKE AND IT IS JUST THE SIZE TO HOLD A PHONE AND IT IS SHAPED JUST LIKE A PHONE!!!!!!!
 
Ohmygoodness. And I jump off the bike and I go over and I check out the control panel of the treadmill. Uhhh Y E S. There IS a holder on the treadmill too. HOLY. SMOKES. I drove back to work thinking...... ohmygosh I am LIVING IN JANE JETSONS WORLD.
 
 
Ruh-roh.
Seems to prove, once again, we are living in a caboose
on the freight train of technology, GURRRRRRL.
 
Honestly. I am in awe.
Who invents these things.
And why don't they announce them so it doesn't take some of us so long to figure them out.
 
 Life changing, I tell you.
Life changing.
 
 

No comments: