Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Never Too Old

Nope.
Never too old to learn 
something new.

Like how to fuss around
with an IPhone
and it's amazing
photo and video capabilities.


Keep in mind
if you will
while I have hair of the
mouse variety
notsomuch grey
notsomuch blonde
just something
painfully
in between.
I'm old.
I'm just not quite
THIS old....


although
I find the outfit
in this Ansel Adams
to be 
slightly mysterious
and altogether
fetching.

Nope.
My first camera looked like this


with film
that looked like this


and you had to be 
really really careful
when rolling it
onto the spool
that you didn't pull it out too far
or you'd
expose it to the light
and ruin your
first couple
of pictures.

So.
For one
such a this gal
who fell in love
with photography
at the ripe old age
of seven-ish
in all it's
black and white glory
the marvelous glories
of her
complicated
exasperating
mystery 
of an IPhone
bespeaks 
of miracles, wonders
and prompts
awe
of the very highest order.

I'm still learning.
The video
is CH OP PI ER
than I had hoped
a little
frenetic
for my vision
and
somehow 
the clips got a wee
widdy-of-a-bit
out of order.

But whatever.
Ron Howard 
had to start somewhere too.

Slow down, Opie
I'm right behind ya, man.....




No comments: